Silver Spoons

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

How Old are You?

Is it just me or is the world beginning to pay more attention to age nowadays? You know, the old adage of ‘Age Before Beauty’? It’s not so important how you look nowadays, but rather how old you are, or so it seems. Take for instance one interview the other day. Besides questions like “Are you sure you have applied for the right job?” and “What does your degree mean?”, which kept me rambling about things which I don’t even remember, there was of course, a question which sounded like the title above. I don’t know why people keep asking this, but I cannot see the relevance of the question here. Is it so important to know a person’s age? Young or old, if a person can contribute and shows a high level of maturity as well as willingness to learn, who cares about age? So, for those of you who are reading this, please remember these two rules : Rule No. 1) Don’t ask me how old I am, Rule No. 2) In case you forget, please refer back to Rule No. 1. Cheers.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home